Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Happy 4th!

It's been another crazy couple of weeks, but I am so thankful we had a good July 4th and for God's blessings. The beginning of the week of July 4th, Ryan's dad had a heart attack. We hadn't seen him in a long time due to some circumstances I won't go into, but it is always scary to hear a family member has had something like that happen, and was tough to see Ryan so worried about his dad. After much prayer, he was able to go home sooner than expected and is recovering well and so far only minimal damage.

Usually we do something at the farm on July 4th but this year Tiffani was playing guitar and singing worship at a church get together, at a church a few miles from the house. We had such a great time and the kids loved it. They hung out in the stroller and watched, listened to the music, and ate hot dogs and watermelon until they were just about sick. Ryan, Tiffani and Dad got in on several rounds of horseshoes, and mom and I bid on some neat items at the silent auction that sent their youth kids to summer church camp. I loved the community atmosphere there. It was different than any church event I've been to in a long time. I don't know what their Sunday services are like, but we really enjoyed it. The next day the kids had a blast playing outside at mom and dad's and playing on their new slip 'n slide. Sunday we went to a birthday party for my cousin's son, and we came back home and swam until the kids were worn out, and went in and watched a movie at mom and dad's in the movie room. I have always stressed how important family time is, but lately it rings so so true to me with all of the things we have had happen.

This week has been incredibly challenging, because the kids have needed so much of my attention and I have had to work and been very busy, even more so than usual, so I am so thankful for the weekends when we can have uninterrupted fun and quality time with them. Our 3 munchkins and my husband are truly the joy of my life. Even at my roughest moments I remind myself to be thankful and try not to complain when one of them is being bad or demanding, because there were so many days and nights my heart was broken and not sure we would ever know the joy of children.

I've got to make this short for tonight... my work day actually isn't over yet, the kids finally fell asleep and I have some more paperwork to do before going to bed, but I just had to share some of the last weeks happenings, and pictures from the fun.

 Emily "cheesing" for me

Sarah loved her red white and blue sunglasses :)

Nicholas loving his watermelon and upside down glasses 

 Tiffani playing for the July 4th Bash

Ryan taking his turn at horseshoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment