We are blessed. Sarah's results came back quickly so we did not have to wait long to find out what her CT scan showed. The test process was so hard as parents to watch your little one scared and not sure what's going on. But, she and we made it thru it, and while her results weren't perfect, they were so much better than they could've been. Her results showed she has a lot of "atelectasis" left from pneumonia so much, and that is making her prone to more infections. She will have to use a medical vest a couple of times a day for the next several months, and periodically for several years possibly, to help reduce the atelectasis, but prayerfully this will reduce all her infection problems, and praise God there were no cysts or masses! We decided to leave after work on Friday and celebrate good news by taking the kids to Hot Springs for the weekend.
We have had a great weekend and the kids amaze me every day. We watched a great movie in the room last night, 'Mom's Night Out'. I suggest any mom watch it. It spoke to me so strongly right now. Our kids are almost 3 and most days between taking care of them and working, I am run ragged and feel like I have failed miserably. We are also in the middle of frequent tantrums, the kids wanting freedom but not knowing how to handle it when they have and sometimes, all out war. Have you ever tried reasoning with 3 2.5 year olds? It can be exhausting! But you know what? At the end of the day, I am the only one beating me up. The kids are happy, healthy, and know they are loved beyond measure. I have a wonderful husband who helps me and supports me the whole way. Sometimes we just need a reminder that we are the only ones being hard on ourselves; and to give ourselves a break.
I can't even begin to tell you how much more I've been able to allow myself to enjoy life since getting off facebook. I thought I would miss it, but I see so many more little moments I didn't realize I was missing before then. I miss chatting with some of my friends and seeing their daily lives, but as far as the waste of time that is so much of Facebook drama, I am SO much happier! Our summer of adventures is being wonderful and this has been the best summer with our kids yet. Whether it's enjoying gardens in hot springs, playing in the playground at home, geocaching, making s'mores buckets, or eating daddy's homemade icecream on the porch, we are trying to savor every moment that we can with our kids.
Emmy posing for me. She used to never pose, I'm so happy she finally will! Now of we could get Sarah to cooperate for pictures :)
Nicholas is obsessed with mustaches lately since Ryan and dad have them so, I found him a play one. He didn't like it once he put it on, but I managed a quick cute picture before he took it off :)








0 comments:
Post a Comment