Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Back for now!



Here I am... Back after what seems like a million years. Where have I been the last couple of years you ask? Being the busiest I have ever been in my entire life!  I have been the mom of ever growing, ever learning, beautiful 2.5 year old triplets, a wife to my wonderful husband of 7 years, and working full time. As if that doesn't keep me busy enough, I've been busy trying to keep our house presentable, which is pretty impossible with 3 little tornados running around, and taking on other daily tasks. It doesn't leave a lot of free time, but what free time I have, we love to go on weekend trips, feed a Pinterest addiction (but has spawned so many fun things and ideas with my family), and yes, I like most of the world these days have spent countless hours on Facebook, which is what brings me back to my blog and this post.

 I think Facebook replaced blogs for many people, it definitely did for me for the longest. And, it is a great way to connect to people not near you, but so often it turns into more than that for us. It turns into a stalking of facebook to see what someone is up to, or to read the latest drama from people you don't even know or talk to. It wasn't until we lost my grandmother in May that I realized just how much time I was wasting on Facebook checking in on my friends, including those who wouldn't waste a second on what was going on in my life. Don't get me wrong, I don't comment on every photo I see, but I try to be supportive when I know someone on FB is going thru a rough time, or I try to let them know their kids are adorable when they post their photos, and just in general chat with my friends. Several friends of mine or their spouses have been thru cancer and various illnesses within the last year, and it's always to important to me to help cheer them on, because thats what I would want if it were me in their shoes. I've been thru hard times in the hospital or with kids who are sick constantly, or the loss of a loved one, and that support from afar really brightens a day a lot of times. Plus, that's what a good friend does, right? I thought so. I realized when we lost my grandmother and when there was some other facebook drama involving church hurt, that the only people who reached out then were the same ones, (and a couple of new ones I met since getting on FB), who kept up with me or my family before we had facebook, when I  just had my blog and communicated thru email (or in person if we knew each other personally). I think with facebook we have lost a lot of that personal contact. Face to face contact has been lost too, but some of that when your raising little ones and working all the time too, will not change with or without facebook, and those who don't live near won't see you any more often either... But, my decision to leave facebook for now has been coming for a while. If you are/were friends with me on facebook, I would love to still keep up with each other. Please comment or message me your email address if I don't already have it, and your blog address if you have one so we can keep up.

I try to be the best mother and wife I can be, and I feel like I do a pretty good job of it, Even on bad days when I beat myself up because I worked an extra long day that day, I know that my kids and husband are loved and taken care of, and that they know they are my top priority. But, I still feel like I waste a lot of valuable time on the trivial. My hope is that with this blog I can leave the never ending drama of facebook behind that always seems to suck me in for hours of reading, and really connect with those who want to stay in touch and keep up with their lives and families. And, share the fun things we are doing this summer (and beyond) that may inspire someone else to get out and do something fun with their family, or try a new tradition (or come Christmas, a new Christmas tree theme!) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against facebook, and I'm not saying I won't ever re-join. But, for me it's hard to put it down and I don't want to be one of those people... I want to live in the here and now, not in the world of "did you see what she posted on her wall??? Go read the whole thing!" or looking at every viral video there is, as tempting as it is to read and read... I will still be around, and you will find me most often when I'm online at night and can't sleep, probably on Pinterest finding the next fun idea or project... Please, if your taking the time to read this and know me, stay connected. :)

Right now, we are recovering from Ryan having a kidney stone that still won't pass, and everyone had a throw up bug this past week too, but our new upcoming project is to try LetterBoxing and Geocache... if you don't know what it is, check it out at www.letterboxing.com and www.geocaching.com We are anxious to try it out and enjoy it as a family, it isn't expensive and can be done locally or afar. Our Sarah always says something is an "Adventure", and thats what we are planning for our summer... Full of adventures getting outside and loving life together! After all, why work so hard and not enjoy life when you aren't working? My family is my most precious gift and I plan to enjoy every second of being with them that I can.

Mock-up of our Letterboxing Stamp :)

 Our precious little boy, whose smile can melt me in an instant. :)

Our ever-bubbly, life loving Sarah who always reminds me that life is an adventure. 

Our little peanut, our giggly little girl, and my recent garden buddy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment